Here at Bramley, St Francis we take the safeguarding of our children and vulnerable adults seriously. We want to do the best we can to ensure that those who take part in our activities are as safe as they can be. We believe that safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.
If you are a child and have concerns, then you can either:
- Talk to the person who is running the activity
- Talk to one of the Safeguarding Team below or
- Talk to someone confidentially outside the church. To do this, call ChildLine on 0800 1111or find their website at…
If anyone has concerns that a child maybe in immediate risk of harm then you can contact the Police on 999 (emergency) or 101 (less urgent)
Our Policies and Procedures
We follow the Church of England policy for the Diocese of Sheffield, which can be found here
If you have questions about safeguarding, then you can talk to the organisers of our activities, in particular:
Dan Fall (Youth Leader) – Call 07470 283307
Our Safeguarding Team are:
Katy Dunigan (Safeguarding Officer) – Call 01709 702576 (Church Office)
Rita Morse (Deputy Safeguarding Officer) – Call 01709 530611
Sheffield Diocese Safeguarding Team:
Sue Lamprell: 01709 309151 (Safeguarding & DBS Administrator)
Linda Langthorne: 01709 309149 (Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser)
Cherryl Henry-Leach: 01709 309155 (Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser)
Chris Herbert: 01709 309152 (Safeguarding Trainer)
For enquiries about safeguarding training please contact the Safeguarding Administrator in the first instance at: email@example.com
In the event that you are concerned about the immediate safety of a child or adult, call 999 and ask for the police.
Allegations against clergy or lay ministers
Please note: Any allegation against clergy or lay ministers holding the bishop’s licence should be referred to the Bishop via the relevant Archdeacon:
Venerable Steve Wilcockson (Doncaster): 07799 874572
Venerable Malcolm Chamberlain (Sheffield & Rotherham): 07740 198806
Other useful resources
Contact details for relevant organisations:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 ((lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)